sabato 4 luglio 2009

WORKING WITH ANOTHER YOUTH CHOIR

I studied together with another Youth Choir this week, it was great fun. Kids were very nice, they came to Reggello from Alessandria, their Director and his wife and son were also very sweet and respectful people. The kids have a lot to learn, mostly they need to Hear a singer, as I was singing with them they were imitating me, already sounding better. And I am NOT a singer, but I sing and I still have a nice voice. These kids study NO instrument, so that makes things very difficult indeed, they do very well. But they need to understand by Hearing and Listening what is beautiful music, what is a good sound, and how to obtain it. They were so enthusiastic. So now again I consider myself very lucky and blessed to have my talent and to have created my lovely sounding choirs thru the years.
We especially worked with my MAGIC MUSIC CARDS . . so much fun . . the kids (adolescents) really enjoyed them and enjoyed singing the same exercizes repeatedly. Their musical memories need to be increased. Yes they were enthusiastic because they have had very little exposure to music in general, they are thirsty for it, thirsty for the new experience and good sounds, but also interested in the form and technical content of pieces, something that my choir kids could care less about. My choir kids have become so used to things that now they study at the last moment. Not to talk about the Octet that doesn't study at all (with a few exceptions). The Gaiamusica choral group did a retreat at Casa Cares in Reggello, a beautiful Tuscan Villa with their own farm products, their own yoghurt production etc. The owners are a Swiss couple from the Waldesian church. Very nice people, hard workers.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento