martedì 16 giugno 2009

RETIREMENT ?

don't retire if you want some peace . .

just thinking a bit - - here are some of my activities over the next 20 days:
8 rehearsals with choral ensemble tempus floridum
finish the recording of a cd and mount the tracks together this sunday, in a town outside of florence
4 mornings of summer school with little children
2 afternoons of regular choral rehearsals with children
2 days summer course out of town with another choir
Elena visiting for 3 days, leaving me Maxine our golden retriever
Walking Maxine everyday
Park Elena's car at Riccardo's garage for the summer (hour trip)
Accompany Elena to new dentist (most are closed for a long weekend when she comes)
2 concerts on june 24th (2.5 hours of conducting and playing piano)
3 days of several hours of rehearsal in the opera theater for an opera in which 23 of my students sing
Evening concert of this opera not-staged (Mefistofele)
Concert with vocal group in a little town out of Florence sunday 28th (Scarperia)
3 afternoon rehearsals for our Christmas cd to record in october
individual teaching schedule at my house
keep up my blog for end of school year info and new enrollment info
evening concert for the dedication of a canoe! given in the memory of a colleague who just passed on
clean the house, go shopping, iron everything ! ! !
And all in extreme heat
I thank the Lord I do not have exams and meetings at the state conservatory anymore . .
but if this is retirement . . I think I'll go back to work .

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento